While I thought the July Glossybox was OK, I wasnâ€™t particularly impressed. A subscription to Glossybox costs $21 per month (more than double what youâ€™d pay for Birchbox!) and I was expecting them to hit it out of the park. Sadly, that was not the case. The August Glossybox, however, is pretty darn awesome.
My main complaint with the July Glossybox was that I didnâ€™t feel like I got my moneyâ€™s worth. I definitely do not feel that way about the August Glossybox!
Here is everything I received, which you can also see in the image above.
1. Touch in Sol Feel Like Honey Moon Skin Base â€“ this is a makeup primer. While I received a sample size, it was almost the same size as a full product! Price of full size: $20
2. Ole Henriksen Truth Serum â€“ â€œHigh powered vitamin C complex helps smooth out lines and wrinkles, fights environmental aggressors and keeps your skin moisturized, nourished and protected.â€ A full size container of this product contains 1.0 oz and sells for $48. We received a very generous half ounce sample, which would be about $24 worth of product!
3. Biolage ExquisiteOil Replenishing Treatment â€“ helps give shine and replenishment to hair. Price of full size: $22
4. Illamasqua Nail Varnish â€“ This is a full-size bottle of â€œextremely hardwearing and chip-resistantâ€ nail polish! Taupe is a great color for fall and Iâ€™m excited to try out a new brand of polish. Price of full size: $14
5. Ellis Faas Ellis Lips â€“ I received Milky Lips L204, which is a burnt orange color. I havenâ€™t tried it yet to see if orange is my color or if it will need to be layered. Regardless, this is a full-size tube of $35 lip color!
All told, I received about $80 worth of products in my August Glossybox! Thereâ€™s not one product I received that Iâ€™m not excited about trying. Hopefully all future Glossyboxes are like this one! Iâ€™ll, of course, be sure to let you know how things look for the September Glossybox!
Glossybox is a monthly beauty sample box. A subscription costs $21 per month, and for that you will receive 4-5 deluxe beauty samples.
Interested in more sites like Glossybox? Be sure to check out our full list of beauty sample boxes!
Tags: August Glossybox, Glossybox, Glossybox review